Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Musings on self improvement

Self improvement means so many different things to different people. For me it comes down to several different categories...

1. General health and wellness (shocking I know, such an individual concept)
2. Developing my interests and hopefully turning them into new hobbies
3. Scheduling...to get more out of my life
---and finally and most importantly---
4. Researching work at home/ work for myself ideas and hopefully going down that path myself sometime

With that said, at this point, the reason I am at my current job is because of the money and because it looks good on a resume. If I could find a way to work from home, I would take it. The perks of working for yourself are endless. You work as hard as you want to in order to achieve your goals; not the goals of someone else. You can dictate your own schedule. You can be involved in several things at once, keeping things from becoming too monotonous.  Now...with that being said, I don't even know where to start. Is this even an achievable goal without some great business plan? I have a very specific idea of what I am interested in, but is that marketable? Is there a way for me to combine things I hear about (but often end up being a scam) like data entry, medical transcriptions, coaching etc...? Anyone with any knowledge of this, please enlighten me with answers. I have a website with my area of interest, so please check it out and let me know what you think. The name is silly and too long I realized, but a lot of the good domain names are gone, so don' judge.

http://www.babycentricassistant.com/default.html

I've thought of one way I may be able to combine interests with a business idea, but would anything come of it? I am very pragmatic, maybe a little too much so sometimes...so I tend to over think things. Coaching sounds interesting to me, pregnancy and motherhood is the thing in life that interests me the most...so could I coach soon to be pregnant-pregnant-mothers? The only hang up I foresee is that I have never been pregnant. Small issue? Big issue? Barbara, you're a mom, what do you think?

Do any of my readers, or passerby's of the blog, have any experience with work at home/ home businesses? Or any idea they wish they could turn into a business? Let me know, I love hearing from my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment