Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Check one off the list

Hubs and I needed a break from Beijing this week, but didn't feel like breaking the bank to make that happen. So we hopped on the bullet train and 30 minutes later we had arrived in Tianjin. We decided to treat ourselves to a night at the St. Regis and were so happy that we did! The hotel just finished a remodel and it looked amazing. The Superior Guest Room was huge and wonderful and the brain marble bathroom (with the TV above to tub) was perfect for a one night getaway. 
The hotel 
Later when I have time I will post my pictures...now...I am too lazy. 


We really like Tianjin. It was very Westernized, the cabs were polite and even spoke a little English and just in general, more people spoke English. In general, I recommend Tianjin. It was 55 kuai a person one way to get to Tianjin, meaning that for 2 people round-trip it is around $35. The hotel was around $128 a night, but with the state of the art gym, wonderful pool and great smelling soaps, it was worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment