Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Bo yao baby

We are leaving for Thailand tomorrow.

Could not come soon enough. I have been so stressed that I got a stress mouth sore that hurts like you wouldn't believe. So I started looking up home remedies and found one with liquid antacid plus antihistamines.

So we went down to the pharmacy and tried to mime to the woman that we were looking for antacids.

We were pointing to my stomach and she said "bo yao baby" to which we replied bo yao, bo yao...thinking of course that we were reassuring her that no no, I was not pregnant...yeah (we had been drinking)...she brought us back some pills and took out the directions so we could read. I read and read and thought ok until hubs frantically pointed at the top that said contraceptive pills.

Bo yao means "Don't want" ...mei you means "Don't have"....oops

So the woman thought we were frantically reassuring her that no no, we did NOT want a baby.

1 whole week of relaxing on the beach is just what the doctor ordered!


3 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of language barriers! Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. The joys of expat living. At least if you ever need contraceptive pills, you know what to do. ;) I remember the first time I went to a pharmacy and it was basically the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hilarious...that is so funny. Did you ever get your antacids?!

    ReplyDelete