Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Green Smoothie Recipe

With Lent fast approaching, hubs and I have been discussing what to give up and what to take up. We have both decided to give up alcohol and to give up eating meat for dinner. I have been wanting to move us towards a more vegetarian way of eating for a while and this is the perfect time to try it out. For the last two weeks I have been actually cooking meals for us and now that I'm practically an expert (that's a joke) I want to shake things up again. For other cooking challenged wives out there, here are the recipes I have tried and where I found them:


More Than Toast blog 

All Recipes: Green Pea Pesto Recipe (Didn't love this one but with some tweaking it would work)

Plus another recipe that was flour covered chicken pan fried and then left to simmer in balsamic dressing. It was WONDERFUL!

Anyway, I digress. I wanted to have a healthy shake today after I worked out for the first time in almost a month a little while. 

My Recipe:

A Handful of fresh spinach, 5 large strawberries, 1 banana, 1 small piece of ginger, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of orange juice and 1 tablespoon of brown rice protein powder all blended together and it turned out great. I knew it was healthy so I was going to drink it regardless of whether it tasted like grass clippings or not but alas it was healthy and tasted good...so rarely the case. 

Try it out and let me know what you think or post healthy recipes that you make that are also tasty! Any vegetarian main courses you know of would be greatly appreciated. 

Happy Weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment