Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Updates

Before 
After Part 1 
     So, the picture at the top was our living room when we first moved in. Both the white love seat and the white chair had orange slip covers, which we were FINALLY able to dispose of. I detest the color orange and our whole living room was covered in it...plus those awful yellow curtains. Now we have a wonderfully covered chair and love seat and our big orange couch is off being covered in a lovely chocolate color. It's hard to tell in this picture because of the sun, but the colors in the love seat and curtains are exactly the same, the only difference being the pattern. While Brenda and her husband were over here delivering our furniture, we also made plans for kitchen, office and bedroom curtains as well as rugs for the living room and bedroom. Price checking is the only other step...I like Brenda because she speaks English and she can do everything, but she is expensive for China. 

     In non decorative news, we have a three day weekend this week! It's Sunday night and I have no work tomorrow! Praise the Lord! Friday was horrible, I was so bored. One cool thing that I did though, was had a trip to a little hair accessory store with two of my co-workers. If you buy 200 kuai ($30) worth of hair trinkets, you can go in there and have your hair done whenever you want. So I bought 4 little hair pins and they did my hair in this great braided up-do. The girl kept saying how pretty and soft my hair was... apparently she had never worked with blonde hair. 

     Yesterday was great. Fun and relaxing. We got our new furniture, Will worked me through a really hard workout at the gym and then we went to Sanlitun (pronounced Sanlituar in Beijing). We went to the bookstore, ate some Thai food and then went and hung out at a bar on the strip. We had wonderful people watching for hours while we enjoyed Tequila and Margaritas. Tons of drunk foreign co-eds mixed with young Chinese co-eds made for some interesting viewing. 

     Today I slept until noon and have been inside all day with the air on and the curtains drawn...guess I might have had way too much a little too much Tequila last night. Totally worth it though. Tomorrow I am going to try to see one of my sister's friends whose in town for the week and see some of the Dragon Boat Festival activities. 

Happy Weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the couch, definitely much better than the orange!

    ReplyDelete